About the Journal
The International Journal of Economic Behavior aims to publish research articles (both quantitative and qualitative), reports from the field, critical review papers, discussions concerning the main characteristics of the economic behavior in management and, consequently, decisions and organization. Moreover, the journal seeks to discuss the manner in which some of the classical theoretical statements, practices and policy making in Economics, Business and Management are influenced by factors which are not proven to fit the well-known hypothesis of economic rationality.
The interdisciplinary approach is required, as economics, management, psychology, sociology, anthropology are domains that help in understanding the complex economic behavior within and outside companies and provide the researchers with complete tools for analysis.
Paper published in the International Journal of Economic behavior will mainly focus, but not be limited to, the following topics:
- Strategic decision making process
- Individual and organizational decision-making
- Manager/entrepreneur characteristics, firm characteristics, environmental characteristics and the process of making decisions
- Factors influencing preferences, choices, decisions
- Economic and socio-psychological determinants of organization behavior
- Economic and socio-psychological determinants of individual behavior
- Consequences of decisions and choices with respect to the satisfaction of individual needs
- Consumer behavior and digital marketing
- Business management, marketing, internationalization processes
- Retailing and supply chain management
- Branding/advertising issues and organization behavior
- Behavioral economics
- The impact of macroeconomic policies on individual and organizational behavior
- The overconsumption society: determinants and effects
- Wealth, consumption, happiness
- Behavioral factors influencing the supply and demand of health and health services
- Consumption and environment
- Welfare economics
- Experiments in economic psychology
- Evolutionary economics and psychology
- Practitioners, Educators, and Researchers in economics, management science, organizational behavior, psychology, anthropology and sociology
- Managers and entrepreneurs
- Academic and corporate libraries
- Professors and lecturers
All research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous blind peer review, based on preliminary editor screening and anonymous refereeing by 2 reviewers. Based on their recommendations, the editor then decides whether the paper should be accepted as is, revised or rejected.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to the Journal .
Submitted manuscripts should not have been previously published and should not be submitted for publication elsewhere while they are under consideration by this Journal.
The International Journal of Economic Behavior is committed to real and immediate open access for academic work. All of the Journal’s articles and reviews are free to access immediately from the date of publication. There are no author charges prior to publication, and no charge for any reader to download articles and reviews for their own scholarly use. The Journal is free to all at any time and in perpetuity. To facilitate this, the Journal depends upon the support provided by the Universities of Urbino and Bucharest, the goodwill of its editorial team and advisory board, and the continuing support of its network of peer reviewers.
The International Journal of Economic Behavior also operates under the Creative Commons Licence CC-BY-SA. This allows for the reproduction of articles, free of charge, share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and with the appropriate citation information. All authors publishing with the Journal accept these as the terms of publication. Please note that copyright of the content of all articles and reviews remains with the designated author of the article or review. Copyright of the layout and design of the Journal articles and reviews remains with the International Journal of Economic Behavior and cannot be used in other publications.